|Sunday||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
|Monday||9:00 am - 9:00 pm
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 9:00 pm
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 9:00 pm
|Thursday||9:00 am - 9:00 pm
|Friday||9:00 am - 6:00 pm
|Saturday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm
DAISY Talking Books
- DAISY stands for Digital Accessible Information System
- Entire book is on one disc with the ability to increase or decrease narration speed and tone
- Must be played on a DAISY player which also plays regular CD books and music CDs
- DAISY reader remembers where you left off and resumes playing at that point
Who can borrow DAISY books?
Any Library member with a print disability including:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one’s eyes
DAISY books can be accessed at the St. Albert Public Library, CELA Library or NNELS.
St. Albert Public Library
The Library utilizes the CELA Library to bring in a rotating collection of new titles every few months. The Library currently has 5 DAISY players for loan along with a collection of approximately 150 titles (fiction and non-fiction).
Check the catalogue for a listing of DAISY titles currently available at the Library.
What is the loan period for DAISY materials?
- loan period for DAISY books is three weeks
- loan period for DAISY players is six weeks
- DAISY books and players can be renewed and are subject to overdue fines
Not finding what you want? Requests can be made for specific titles not currently in our collection.
Visit the 2nd floor information desk or call 780-459-1682 for more information about our DAISY collection.
Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA)
DAISY books can also be delivered directly to your home by registering for a CELA membership .
- Over 230,000 books, magazines, newspapers and described videos
- Includes current bestsellers, award-winners, classics, Self-help, business and more
- Books for kids, teens and adults in audio, braille or accessible e-book formats
- Download books or receive home delivery by mail
How to sign up for CELA?
- With a valid St. Albert Public Library card, sign up on the CELA membership site.
- If you would like help with creating a CELA membership, please call the Library at 780-459-1682
National Network for Equitable Library Service (NNELS)
Another source for DAISY books is NNELS .
- Online public library of published books in accessible formats for Canadians with a print disability
- With a valid designated library card, one can download DAISY books directly from the NNELS site
- Check with library staff for details